New to UQ - Researchers
As a research-engaged academic new to UQ the following activities and support sessions provide you with ‘need to know’ information about working at UQ including academic performance expectation and the services and support available to you.
Research related information sessions and resources
- Orientation for Academics New to UQ – this course is mandatory for new staff research and research and teaching staff and is run in February and July annually.
- Essential Knowledge for Researchers – provides a comprehensive overview of resources and support available for research-engaged staff at UQ.
- Academic Orientation Blackboard Site – online orientation resources for new staff who are yet to attend the orientation and to refer to as needed.
- UQ Research and Innovation website for information on research grants, establishing research partnerships and collaborations and expectations and requirements related to research integrity and research ethics.
- UQ Researchers is a website helps research students, industry and business stakeholders, other academics and the wider community find UQ research staff.
- UQ Experts is a website helps journalists find UQ research staff who are happy to provide comment and share their specialist knowledge and research developments with domestic and international media.
- Academic Career Progression and UQ's Policy regarding academic performance expectations.
Newsletters and mailers
- Sign up for UQ R&I Research Bulletin and to receive the UQ R&I Mailer for up to date information on grants and grant support.
Researcher ID: Tracking publications and citations
Recording and tracking your research output and citations is important for academic promotion and also for grants.
- All UQ researchers are required to create a UQ eSpace account and other Research Identifiers to make it easy to find and report on all of your research outputs. This includes linking to your Publons profile
- Set up a Google Scholar account to stay up to date with your citation counts
Information for UQ Staff about the Broader UQ Community via the Equity and Diversity website.
The Equity and Diversity section supports a number of networks of staff who actively promote the diversity and inclusivity goals of UQ.